Sunday, January 24, 2010

Halcyon days

The past week has been a week of joy, jokes and laughter(weee! no more exams for the next 3 months at least!). It made me reminisce about early months in college where I had time on my side, bundles of joy around me, but during which time, I veered off the course of life. There are many interpretations of life, most make sense, while some a just plain daft. Since I came to UK, I've been a changed man- hardly go out, mind my own business, do my work promptly and maybe hang around my loved ones once in a while. Some have observed that I live a prudent life, others who are less kind have blurted the word 'boringgg'. I say, we'll see who has more of a life later in life. =)

I live in a house with 3 girls, 2 of whom I was rather friendly with last year. I made a gamble of agreeing to live with them 3, despite not knowing what No. 4 was like. A very intriguinig character she is, though not one to be feared of, because of what she's capable of (or rather the gross lack of it). I find her absolutely decadent, notwithstanding the fact the her standards for personal/household hygience and courtesy is by far the worst I've seen in a girl. Whoever takes her hand in marriage next time, good luck in advance!

I loathe my ability to hear even the faintest of sounds- neighbors hoovering the carpets, housemates chopping ribs and most recently, water dripping from the tap in my room! Maybe back in the stone age, I'd be considered to be blessed with a hunter's make-up, but now...not really =/ If I cannot cease to be so sensitive to noise, I will be the hunted in this day and age. Snap out of it. Focus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its alive! Finally after 1894723094 years. ROAR!